LANGUAGE: Spanish | SUBTITLES: English
Genre: Drama / Experimental
Running Time: 12 min.
Year of production: 2015
A musician performs his ritual before going on stage. The dressing rooms are crowded and noisy, however, he still finds enough peace to admire his beloved instrument and the concentration to warm up… gradually, images and sounds emerge from his mind and become stronger, describing the complex world of music.
PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION
Production Company: CENTRO University
Film exports/World sales: Gonella Productions
Musician: José Juan Morán Muñoz
Mask Man: Fabrizzio González
Director: Hypatia Avilés
Screenwriter: Hypatia Avilés
Producer: Leticia Ramírez / Hypatia Avilés
Director of Photography: Eliott Reguera
Sound: Farah Cárdenas
Editing: Eliott Reguera
Sound Editing: Hypatia Avilés
Music Composer: *various (Gabriel Fauré, J.S. Bach, C. Nuñez, A.Vivaldi)
Genre: Drama Sub-genre: Experimental Language: Spanish Country of origin: Mexico Year of production: 2015 Total running time: 12 min. Shooting format: Digital Color type: B/W + Color HD Aspect ratio: 16:9 Sound format: Stereo
• Short Film Corner, Cannes Film Festival (France, 2016)
• Jecheon International Music & Film Festival (South Korea, 2016)
• San Gi Verona Video Festival (Italy, 2016)
• Bronx World Film – Manhattan (E.U.A. 2019)
BIOGRAPHY OF THE DIRECTOR
Hypatia Ixtabay Avilés Montiel, (Mexico City, May 4,1993) is a young musician and filmmaker. Music has been a great inspiration for various cinematographic projects, that is how Sinfonietta was born, her thesis graduation work and her first short-film. As a filmmaker, she has worked in various independent audiovisual projects as director, scriptwriter, production designer and actress.
- Direction, script, and photography in various independent audiovisual projects (2019, Nowadays)
- TV Commercial for the 29th edition of the “Festival del Centro Histórico” (Mexico City, 2013).
- Actress in “La Asunción de José” directed by Juan Rocha (2014), exhibited at “Festival Distrital” (Mexico City 2016).
- Art director in the short-film “Siete preguntas sobre los veintisiete”, directed by Alejandra Díaz (2015)
- Assistant director in the short-film “Repaso de la consciencia” directed by Farah Cárdenas (2015). - Director of the short-film “Sinfonietta” (2015).
- Production assistant in the TV show “La Piloto” (2016 – 2017)
- Art director in the short-film “Belle de noir” directed by Irving Serrano (2018)