LANGUAGES: Spanish | SUBTITLES: English
Running Time: 8 minute and 14 seconds
Year of production: 2015
"From the radio cabin "Yuyay Estéreo", Jose Carlos's voice accompanies his family and neighbors daily routine: thousands of people beholding an economic growth they don't belong to, in a middle of a city full of dreams and contradictions, voraciously raising under their feet."
PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION
Production Company: Minkaprod
Film exports/World sales: Gonella Productions
Director: Adrían Hartill Montalvo
Screenwriter: Adrían Hartill Montalvo
Producer: Rodrigo Daza
Director of Photography: Danil Massip
Sound: Henryk Konwa
Editing: Yaima Bacallao
Sound Editing: Henryk Konwa
Music Composer: Víctor Casahuamán
Country of origin: Peru
Year of production: 2015
Total running time: 8 minute and 14 seconds
Shooting format: 4k
Color type: CMYK
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Sound format: Stereo 2.1
- Best National Shortfilm Award at IX Festival de Cine de Villa María y Lima Sur 5 minutos
Cinco, Lima, Perú (2017)
- Winner of the Short Film National Award - DAFO 2016, by the Ministry of Culture of Perú.
- Awarded Best VideoArt Short Film and Experimental Latinamerican Film at I Festival
VideoBabel, Cusco - Perú, 2016.
- Jury Award at the VI Certamen de Cine Lento, Guadalajara- Spain, 2016
- Best Short Film at I Festival de Cine Etnográfico ‘Festimal del Ojo’, Quito, Ecuador (2016)
- Special mention at aluCine Latin Film & Media Arts Festival, Toronto, Canada (2017)
FESTIVAL OFFICIAL SELECTIONS
- ANTIFIL, Perú (2019)
- Cinema Grand Prix (Finalist), Spain (2017).
- 33rd Chicago Latino Film Festival, USA (2017)
- 17th Irish Latin American Film Festival, Ireland (2017).
- Festival Internacional de cortometrajes de Hayah, Panamá (2016).
- I Festival Internacional de Animación y cine experimental VideoBabel, Cuzco, Peru (2016).
- VI Certamen de Cine Lento, Guadalajara, Spain (2016).
- 7th China International New Media Short Film Festival, Shenzhen, China (2016)
- II Muestra de Cine y Radios Comunitarias de Mesoamérica, Oaxaca, Mexico (2016).
- I Festimal de Ojo, Quito, Ecuador (2016).
- 9th Festival Internacional de Cine ‘Ojo al Sancocho’, Bogota, Colombia (2016).
- 6th Dada Saheb Phalke International Film Festival, New Delhi, India (2016).
- 3rd Semana por la Soberanía Audiovisual, Lima, Peru (2015).
FESTIVALS PARALLEL SECTION SELECTIONS
- ‘International Panorama’ – 32nd Festival Internacional Cinematográfico del Uruguay,
Montevideo Uruguay (2016).
- “Marché du film court” - Clermont –Ferrand, France (2016)
- ‘La Hora del Corto’ – 37th Festival Internacional del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano de La
Habana, Cuba (2015).
BIOGRAPHY OF THE DIRECTOR
Adrian Hartill studied at the Instituto Superior de Arte de La Habana (Havana University of Arts) from 2004 to 2009. His work has been shown and awarded in many countries in Latin America, Asia and Europe. UNESCO recognized his documentary 'Warmi Varaq - Mujer Autoridad' as part of the World's Cultural Catalogue for 2010. He works at the production company Minkaprod, located in Peru, since 2010, where he has directed and produced more than 100 productions between documentaries, institutional and educational videos, social advertising, etc. The Ministry of Culture of Peru awarded his short film 'Arriba' as one of the best Peruvian short films in 2016. It has also won five other international awards and has been part of the Oficial Selection of many international film festivals all over the world.